Thursday 21 April 2011

Hot tips from me?

Some of my friends always asked me, whether there is any hot tip that i can let them know. I will always answer them there are no tips, and i don't invest based on any hot tip. Personally, i don't believe in hot tips, as i knew that i'm just a small retail investor now, and i don't believe that small retail investor can get any hot tips.

What I invest the most currently is the stock market. I like it because i think it is simple, and you just need a small capital to start. And i did encouraged my friends to invest in stock market as a start, as even if they lost money, i hope they will learn from there.

Stock market is easy for me as they are easy accessible in this information age. All the financial data, company background and etc can be easily found online. This is true especially for US stock market, the company are highly transparent. Well, KLSE still need some improvement to achieve that, but i do see improvement from time to time.

To enter the stock market, what you need as basic is to learn how to read a financial statement. This is vital for you to know whether the company is healthy or not. I will never buy a stock of a company that is weak in financial statement, unless i'm pretty confirm (>90%) confident that the company will have a break through in coming years.

Being able to interpret a financial statement is the most fundamental for an investor. For this, i will be recommend  a book "Warren Buffett and the Interpretation of Financial Statements". This is a book related to how Warren Buffett find a good company to invest in. I will probably write a review for this book soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment